Emergency Service Response
Haileybury College, Berwick campus lost all power as a result of water damage to the main switchboard caused by a large storm overnight.
- Macmor Electrical Contractors were in attendance within one hour of the power outage.
- Within two hours the Macmor team were cleaning the unaffected sections of the switchboard
and removing the damaged parts caused by the explosion.
- Macmor called in two 500Kva generators, temporary switchboards and supply cables to
power the subcircuits that supply power to the school.
- Working through the night, Macmor reinstated power to all subcircuits
- Business resumed as normal the following morning.
- Once the temporary generators were in place, Macmor designed, manufactured and
delivered a new Main switchboard.
- Within two weeks, the temporary solution was disconnected and the new switchboard was
changed over on the weekend causing no disruption to normal business activities.
- The new Main switchboard was designed with the schools future power requirements in mind.
- The school was grateful for the prompt and professional service provided by Macmor.